Wholesale Marketing - Intern (12-Month placement)
AXA Investment Managers
Contribute to the implementation of the UK Wholesale marketing strategy to include ownership and project management of key sponsored and AXA IM hosted events and the marketing associated around them. To raise the visibility of AXA Investment Managers and of key corporate themes, as well as provide support as required on other key marketing initiatives such as our virtual sales roadshows ( virtual lunches), reporting on events and marketing comms and learning/using our marketing email platform Eloqua.
Area of Responsibilities
Event Management & Logistics for UK WH hosted & sponsored
- Assisting with planned physical and virtual event schedule for UK Wholesale throughout the year, taking leadership from start to end with key events to learn the full process.
- Helping with speaker bios & headshots, sourcing the right content for the event and sending across to the third party platform
- Taking minutes and notes in briefing meetings
- Sourcing external speakers through our preferred speaking finding platforms for AXA IM hosted events
- Learning how to host virtual webinars via brighttalk and zoom platforms
- Gifts related work- Researching/ordering, ideas on how to make events more ESG friendly
- Asset TV- (reporting on stats) supported by Marketing Exec
Virtual & Physical sales roadshows
- Owning the virtual lunch schedule for the year (liasing with the catering company and sales support to make sure lists are sent to catering company in a timely manner)
- Learning how to use the brighttalk platform and working with Marketing Exec and Senior Marketing Manager to use the platform to enhance the prospecting campaign in place, from managing the data flowing in to Eloqua to the potential lead gen work which might be in play H2. Working hand in hand with the reporting element below
- The use of Eloqua has a cross over with marketing/events. From a marketing POV:
- Being trained by Marketing Exec on how we use Eloqua for email creation, taking ownership of some emails, and insights from day 1.
- This would be a good opportunity for the intern to see ‘test and learn’ in progress as the contact strategy is very much a work in progress. Providing support for a/b testing and data collation to support Rosie on learnings and optimising.
- Data flow from SF to Eloqua and back – process still evolving, but to support Marketing Exec on this oversight and implementation
- Supporting on covering the delivery of UK Take 2 for when the global intern (reporting to Piers) is on leave.
- Post event email creation (for the events where delegates are over 60 in number) and event data (new vs old)/updating client data post event and post client services feedback to reflect in the relevant campaigns.
- There is a cross over with marketing/events with this. Would include:
- Keeping active ownership on ensuring all stats from marketing and events activity are recorded in the relevant places
- Being able to collate the relevant stats when needed
- Maintaining the Wholesale events tracker with relevant stats/figures
- In H2 of the internship, the intern will be handed over a project (TBC) to give them the opportunity to learn and showcase their skillset. It will enrich their experience and will be a meaningful and integral activity in the marketing/events calendar for H2.
UK WH budget
- Raising POs in CODA for all UK wholesale activity and working with Senior Marketing Manager on tracking invoice numbers and POs etc. as well as with Senior Events Manager for event invoices and POs
- Bi-annual statement mailing
- Education qualifications- (preferably studying: Marketing, Economics, or Event Management in Finance)
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for events & marketing
- Strong command of the English language, written and spoken
- Previous experience/interest in financial markets/asset classes helpful
- Very strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and keen learner
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong numeracy
- Team player and proactive worker
- Creative and enthusiastic self-starter