Urban Outfitters Womenswear Buying Intern - London, UK
Urban Outfitters Europe
🚀 Placement Program
- The main objective of this role is to support and be a part of our Urban Outfitters Buying teams. The internship is within the Womenswear team which is an integral part of our growing UO business in Europe and the UK.
Area of Responsibilities
Creative Arts & Fashion
- Provide administrative support to the buying team covering relevant issues/queries.
- Accurately inputting orders on internal systems.
- Cross departmental exposure within buying, core planning, marketing, and the studio.
- Work closely with our website and photo studio teams using internal systems.
- Learn the importance of a critical path. Working on PO tracking and management; helping to ensuring POs are delivered in a timely manner to support stock flow. Maintaining internal systems with accurate information updates.
- Sample management: working with our vendor base to track samples, passing samples for web photography, general sample organization, arranging for meetings and sign offs.
- Learn how we fit a garment, with responsibilities for typing and sending fit comments.
- Carrying out trend and competitor research and reports.
- Supporting the team creating presentations and picture packs.
- Responsible for ad-hoc tasks, e.g. sending out courier packages.
- Working to deadlines.
- Experience key meetings and learn how they fit into the Buying Cycle.
- You must be an undergraduate student at a UK University undertaking an accredited placement year or currently working in one of our URBN stores.
- You must be available for 1-year full time from July 2023 until July 2024.
- A passion and enthusiasm for the Urban Outfitters brand and what we represent
- A love for fashion and be interested in the market at large
- Ability to multitask in our fast-paced buying office
- Work-life balance:
-Flexible start and finish times
-Bring your dog to work
-Employees Assistance program to support with mental, physical and financial health
-Fully equipped free gym and on-site wellness room in Brick Lane and 50% discount of external gym memberships
-Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Discount:
-Up to 40% off at all URBN Brands (Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and more!)
-One paid day to either volunteer or fundraise for a charity of your choice
-Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan
- Continued Development:
-We offer structured support within the business alongside continued learning and development