Urban Outfitters Merchandising Intern - London, UK
Urban Outfitters Europe
- Our Merchandise Planning teams work alongside Buying to plan, deliver and trade our product ranges. By reviewing previous seasons’ best-sellers, keeping an eye on new reactions and constantly reviewing our sales forecasts, it’s our Planning teams that make sure we have the right styles in at the right time - and in the right amount.
- As a Merchandising Intern, you’ll play a key role in this – using analysis to help decide which markets receive each style and making sure stores receive the right level of replenishment. You’ll also run reports to help the team spot new sales trends – or perhaps an area that might benefit from some promotional activity – while at the same time liaising with our suppliers to arrange their deliveries into our fulfilment centre.
- As you progress through the internship, you’ll have the opportunity to support your team with other insight – whether that’s analyzing geographical performance, reviewing a product trial on our website or keeping an eye on what sizes our styles are selling in.
- The retail world is changing fast – it’s an exciting time to get involved.
Area of Responsibilities
- Accurately allocate new styles and replenishment to our global websites and retail stores
- Review and update allocation quantities based on performance and market profile
- Ensure new stores receive an optimum range
- Manage your department’s in-bound stock into our DC, working with suppliers to ensure they deliver on time and in the right amounts
- Work with the BAA to hold regular delivery schedule meetings, making sure everything’s on track
Supporting the team:
- Provide accurate reporting on store, style and territory performance – daily, weekly and at key points throughout each season.
- Work with the BAA to keep our order and reporting systems accurate and up-to-date
- Support your Planner and Assistant Planner with ad-hoc admin as required
- You must be an undergraduate student at a UK University undertaking an accredited placement year or currently working in one of our URBN Stores.
- You must be available for 1-year full time from July 2023 until July 2024.
- A passion and enthusiasm for the Urban Outfitters brand and what we represent
- An analytical mind along with a love of problem solving
- Know-how with numbers
- A love for fashion and an interest in the market at large
- Ability to multitask in our fast-paced office
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Work-life balance:
-Flexible start and finish times
-Bring your dog to work
-Employees Assistance program to support with mental, physical and financial health
-Fully equipped free gym and on-site wellness room in Brick Lane and 50% discount of external gym memberships
-Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Discount:
-Up to 40% off at all URBN Brands (Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and more!)
-One paid day to either volunteer or fundraise for a charity of your choice
-Cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan
- Continued Development:
-We offer structured support within the business alongside continued learning and development