Undergraduate Internship - Sensory Science area - fixed term 12 months
British American Tobacco
This role is a key element of the global sensory team, focussing on tobacco – combustibles, THP (Tobacco Heating Products) and Hybrid products. Working in the global centre of excellence supporting the global R&D centre discover and develop teams to speed up their iterative development process with facts. The candidate will work on the newest BAT innovations as well as the best competitor products on the market to provide actionable insight to the group.
Area of Responsibilities
- Provides consultancy to ensure in-depth understanding of project objectives through close collaboration with various project teams in order to execute the correct sensory approaches.
- Acts as the principal contact for the selected category sensory panels in Southampton and ensure that sensory best practises are implemented.
- Provide guidance and consultancy to the technical community to establish and embed robust ways of working.
- Plan, direct and manage activities associated with the internal Sensodus and Expert panels in Southampton for selected categories, ensuring the full integration of Sensory into early stage product development initiatives.
- Interpret output of technical work and make recommendations.
- Issue recommendations to stakeholders based on aggregation and interpretation of sensory data and in-depth understanding of project objectives through close collaboration with Project Teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Panel Maintenance activities are executed and that the related sensorial panels are operating at a high level and fully adhering to all internal processes required at the Southampton site.
- Responsible for the quality of the Sensory results and the implementation of Sensory “Best Practice” across the panels.
- Ability to interpret output of technical work and make recommendations;
- Presentation and communication with other experts on a sophisticated expert level;
- Able to work in a multicultural team with a diverse skill set;
- Good time management and organisational skills;
- Able to learn quickly;
- Able to work independently or in a team effectively;
- Able to work under high pace and high pressure;
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific field.
Basic knowledge of the key business activities relating to the composition, manufacture, product design and evaluation of products to meet consumer and commercial needs within legislative and operational constraints. This can be provided by on the job training.