UK Summer Internship – Water Strategy and Regulation Intern
Our Water Strategy and Regulation team helps to shape the water sector in the UK. We work for water companies and regulators and provide impartial, high-quality technical advice and analysis on matters as diverse as leakage performance, storm overflow practice and programmes, sludge to land, water resources strategy and the five-yearly price review. We also audit water company reporting processes and performance data. We are closely connected with the rest of Jacobs’ water and environment team to help solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
Area of Responsibilities
Your role as an intern will be to support our project teams to deliver this diverse range of project work. This will involve working on some of our broad range of exciting and challenging projects such as technical assurance, long term strategic planning, environmental assessments and innovation projects.
- Engineering related degree with some water aspect (geography considered)
- A flexible and innovative self-starter who’s passionate about developing skills
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to apply your skills to solve real-world problems
- Empathy and listening skills to help you truly understand our clients’ requirements
- A well-rounded person – have you travelled around the world? Worked in a bar? Been captain of a sports team or volunteered for a charity? Tell us – we’re looking for people with interesting stories and experiences!
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK.