UK Summer Internship – Transport Planning Intern - London
At Jacobs we turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most curious minds and passionate individuals to be our next generation of leaders.
We are excited to be offering an internship position in our Transport Planning and Mobility Solutions team in our London office. As part of the South-East Team you will be working with transport planning colleagues across the region as well as part of multi-disciplinary teams across other Jacobs offices.
Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects for a range of local, national and international clients across the UK and Ireland.
Area of Responsibilities
You will be assigned to projects that align with your interests, career aspirations and academic background. Day to day tasks could include:
- Helping to develop and appraise various transport schemes and initiatives.
- Assessing travel needs and opportunities to improve the way people travel to undertake their daily activities.
- Undertaking feasibility studies.
- Considering walking and cycling improvements aligning with local and national sustainability goals.
- Transformational placemaking to reduce the impact of transport on the built and natural environment.
- Designing and engineering traffic management solutions to enhance transport networks for all users.
- Using spatial and economic analysis to understand benefits for communities.
- Building and using transport models to appraise schemes.
- Developing plans and strategies.
- Delivering transport schemes aligning to current policy context (e.g. decarbonisation, sustainability and economic recovery).
- Be on track to complete an Honours Degree in a relevant spatial or numerical subject for example, Geography, Economics, Mathematics, Planning, Civil Engineering, Planning.
- A desire to learn about Transport Planning
- A flexible and innovative self-starter who’s passionate about developing skills
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to apply your skills to solve real-world problems
- Empathy and listening skills to help you truly understand our clients’ requirements
- A well-rounded person – have you travelled around the world? Worked in a bar? Been captain of a sports team or volunteered for a charity? Tell us – we’re looking for people with interesting stories and experiences!
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK.