UK Summer Internship - Systems Integration & Architecture Intern
🚀 Summer Internship
⌛ 10d left
Apply by Apr 10
- At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
- As a Systems Integration and Enterprise Architecture Team Intern, you will too.
- At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation.
Area of Responsibilities
Architecture & Urban Planning
- You will be working exclusively on the East West Rail (EWR) programme – creating a new railway connection between Oxford and Cambridge. The East West Railway Company is a new and exciting venture at the forefront of the changing landscape of the rail industry, delivering substantial fast-paced improvement to modernise the railway.
- You will join the Systems Integration and Enterprise Architecture team as they carry out crucial Systems Integration Engineering for EWR – an interdisciplinary approach to enable the realisation of a successful “system of systems” programme delivery across a range of engineering and non-engineering challenges and opportunities. The team is composed of Configuration Specialists, Third Party Integration leads, Test and Commissioning Engineers Systems Engineering Specialists and System Modelers, and Enterprise Architects
- The types of work tasks will include using Sparx to develop system architecture models risk assessments, stakeholder engagement relations, signaling and communications, station communication technology planning, systems assurance, and much more!
- Live or study between Oxford and Cambridge
- Studying an Engineering biased degree
- Interest in understanding how various disciplines interact and collaborate to achieve a common vision
- An interest in gaining a comprehensive practical understanding of multiple technical disciplines
- Creative thinking and passion to work on new innovations
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Happy to work remotely and independently, with the ability to travel to our project/offices in Milton Keynes, Cotton Centre London, or the geography between Oxford and Cambridge as required (able to discuss flexible working options)