UK Summer Internship - Systems Assurance Intern
🚀 Summer Internship
- Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, and construction – and program - management. Our 52,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
- During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility. That’s because Jacobs is much more than a traditional engineering company.
Area of Responsibilities
- You will be working exclusively on the East West Rail (EWR) programme – creating a new railway connection between Oxford and Cambridge. The East West Railway Company is a new and exciting venture at the forefront of the changing landscape of the rail industry, delivering substantial fast-paced improvement to modernise the railway.
- You will join the Systems Assurance team as they ensure that the railway is being developed and incrementally assured against its technical requirements; and further that it is safe, secure and inter-operable with other railway systems. These are pre-requisites for putting any major rail project into service and therefore you will be engaged in a key programme area that cuts across many projects and disciplines.
- The successful candidate will be placed within one or more of the team’s domains (safety and interoperability, physical/cyber security, technical assurance) - depending on your interest and experience - and be tasked and mentored by the lead subject matter expert for the domain accordingly.
- Based in Glasgow
- Studying a relevant degree
- Interest in understanding how various disciplines interact and collaborate to achieve a common vision
- Interest in gaining a comprehensive practical understanding of multiple technical disciplines
- Creative thinking and passion to work on new innovations
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Happy to work remotely and independently, with the ability to travel to our project/offices in Milton Keynes, Cotton Centre London, or the geography between Oxford and Cambridge as required (able to discuss flexible working options). Expenses will be covered, as agreed.