UK Summer Internship – Structural Solutions Intern
🚀 Summer Internship
⌛ 11d left
Apply by Apr 10
At Jacobs we turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most curious minds and passionate individuals to be our next generation of leaders.
We are excited to be offering an internship position as a Structural Solutions Intern in London office.
Area of Responsibilities
As a member of the Jacobs intern community, weekly presentations on key learning topics will be on offer and you’ll be invited to attend regular office events and Competitions! A mentor will support your learning and facilitate opportunities to network across Jacobs, allowing you to gain as much out of the experience as possible.
- Be working towards a Degree or Masters level qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering, which is accredited by the Engineering Council and by all the major professional institutions in the UK (preferred degree: MEng Civil/Structural Engineering; MEng Engineering if Cambridge University; MEng Engineering Science with Civil Engineering specialisation if Oxford University)
- An interest in working in the field of Bridges/Transportation
- Flexible and innovative self-starter who brings a curious mindset to finding solutions for real-world problems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply first principles thinking
- The adaptability to learn, unlearn and reprioritise as things around you change
- Team working spirit; values human interaction and thrives in a dynamic work environment
- Ideally an interest in digital delivery and programming languages
- Empathy and listening skills to help you truly understand our clients’ requirements
- A well-rounded person – have you travelled around the world? Worked in a bar? Been captain of a sports team or volunteered for a charity? Tell us – we’re looking for people with interesting stories and experiences!
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK.