UK Summer Internship – Railway Civil Engineering Intern
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
As a Railway Civil Engineer Intern, you will too.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation.
Area of Responsibilities
You will be working exclusively on the East West Rail (EWR) programme – creating a new railway connection between Oxford and Cambridge. The East West Railway Company is a new and exciting venture at the forefront of the changing landscape of the rail industry, delivering substantial fast-paced improvement to modernise the railway.
You will join the Engineering Management. Typical tasks may include assisting in managing and coordinating with the designers (Technical Partner); liaising with other members of the EWR team; participate on site visits; produce reports; and prepare and do short presentations.
- Live or study between Oxford and Cambridge
- Studying a relevant degree
- Interest in understanding how various disciplines interact and collaborate to achieve a common vision
- Creative thinking and passion to work on new innovations
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Happy to work remotely and independently, with the ability to travel to our project/offices in Milton Keynes, Cotton Centre London, or the geography between Oxford and Cambridge as required (able to discuss flexible working options)