UK Summer Internship – Bioresources Intern
At Jacobs we turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most curious minds and passionate individuals to be our next generation of leaders.
We are excited to be offering an internship position as a Bioresources Inter in London office.
Within the UK water sector, we are leading innovators. We are at the forefront of the delivery of the sector’s Net Zero ambitions, and are developing new markets with our clients and their regulators, driving customer value. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the emerging Bioresources sector, an area which is undergoing transformational regulatory, economic and technological change.
We see a fantastic opportunity to further grow our Bioresources services! We want to generate more energy, recover more useful products as a part of a circular economy, embrace new commercial models that support our Net Zero ambitions and create exciting new markets in the process.
Area of Responsibilities
In joining us on our journey you will be a part of something very new to the water sector. Alongside our global technology leads, you could be pioneering new treatment technologies with our clients. Supported by our strategy and transformation teams – you could be driving business change and innovative thinking around how to plan for a Net Zero carbon future. Or, working with our regulation specialists, you could be helping to define the future for the whole sector.
• Minimum of Honours Degree in engineering, science or geography related discipline (ideally with some aspect of wastewater, sludge, residuals, agriculture and/or biofuels)
• Motivated, enthusiastic and a self-starter with high level of personal accountability
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to very tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build strong relationships on the basis of mutual trust and respect
• Strong interest in the water sector.
• Thorough knowledge of wastewater and/or sludge treatment