Tech and Innovation Intern
- We are looking for an energetic and organised intern to join the Tech and Innovation programme, to help the team explore, showcase and demonstrate the transformative technologies driving the UK’s digital economy, society and industry and making a positive difference to our economy, society, people and the planet.
- The internship offers the opportunity to be involved in our events programme and working groups exploring technologies including AI, Cloud Computing, Digital ID and emerging innovations including Quantum and Metaverse.
- Working directly with techUK's Tech and Innovation team this internship will place the right candidate within a highly influential and dynamic team.
- As the Tech and Innovation intern you will work closely with our members and stakeholders and be responsible for supporting the teams with programme related admin tasks, become a single point of contact for internal and external contacts and deliver individual strands of work; from thought leadership pieces through to assisting in the creation and running of high-profile events.
- The candidate will be positioned between a diverse, complex and fast-moving industry at the cutting edge of tech and innovation and policy makers looking to understand and engage with an industry that is at the heart of how the UK can become a science and tech superpower.
Area of Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for the Tech and Innovation work programmes, including managing monthly newsletters, emails, ensuring effective and efficient scheduling, agenda setting, preparation of papers and accurate minutes including key actions
- Become a point of contact for member inquiries and engagement with the Programme teams
- Conduct desk-based research
- Compile briefing notes, summaries, reports and presentations
- Maintain parts of the techUK website relating to Tech and Innovation
- Co-ordinate any relevant meetings as requested
- Assist in the delivery of member events either online or in person
- Maintain all relevant records on techUK's CRM system as requested
- Build a strong working relationship with techUK colleagues
- Any other duties that may be required from time-to-time
- An interest in the UK technology sector
- Strong capability in researching, collating and presenting information
- Excellent writing skills
- A team player committed to helping colleagues meet their objectives
Desired knowledge and experience
- A broad understanding of the key transformative technologies driving the UK’s digital economy, society and tech industry.
- An appreciation of the policy and regulatory issues facing the tech sector.