• Starts Aug 13
- An exciting opportunity has opened at the beautiful central London specialty referral centre for a 12-months fixed-term surgical internship. Ideal for those with aspirations for a residency and career in small animal surgery, the intern will work in support and under the direct supervision of our ECVS / ACVS board certified soft tissue specialist, and ACVS minimally invasive surgery founding fellow. London Vet Specialists boasts advanced equipment, including an on-site CT scanner and minimally invasive surgery facilities. We provide unparalleled medical care to our patients and outstanding service to our clients. We welcome team players and excellent communicators to apply.
Area of Responsibilities
- While the role has a focus on surgery (as a surgical assistant on all cases and coordinator of pre- and post-operative care), you will also work in support of the other London Vet Specialists clinicians in the fields of diagnostic imaging, oncology, dermatology, cardiology, ophthalmology, internal medicine, and anaesthesia. A competitive salary and generous annual leave and CPD benefits are offered. As part of the Linnaeus group, you will be enrolled in the coordinated internship mentoring and academic course work. Additionally, the interns will attend regular teaching rounds, journal club and the opportunity exist for clinical research.
- Whilst the role has a focus on soft tissue surgery (as a surgical assistant on all cases and coordinator of pre and post-operative care plans), the successful candidate will also work in support of the other London Vet Specialists clinicians in the fields of Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology, Dermatology, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Internal medicine, and Anaesthesia. A competitive salary, generous annual leave, and CPD benefits are offered. As part of the Linnaeus group, you will be enrolled in the coordinated internship mentoring and academic course work. Additionally, the interns will attend regular teaching rounds, journal club, and the opportunity exist for clinical research.
- A veterinary qualification that can be registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons is essential. The ideal candidate will have completed a rotating / emergency internship or spent a minimum of 2-years working at a referral centre.
- 5 weeks annual leave & bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS Fees Paid
- External CPD Funded
- Additional Professional Memberships (x1)
- Extensive Free Online Linnaeus CPD Program
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Staff Discount Schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Sickness Pay
- Enhanced Equal Family Leave
- E-car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Wellness Program Including:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
- Free Annual Flu Jab
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Recruitment Referral Reward Scheme