Summer Vacation Scheme 2023
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We work on some of the most challenging and important deals and have built a reputation for delivering exceptional legal solutions that help our clients grow, innovate and thrive. The legal industry is changing, and we're committed to leading that change, putting our people first, embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work. Our business teams work hand-in-hand with our lawyers, Consultants and other specialist teams, and are ambitious, driven and leaders in their field.
With us, you will constantly be learning and growing. We invest in you by offering exceptional professional and personal development – providing training, mentoring and practical support. We offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
We have a powerful commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re determined to play our part in advancing a workplace where progress is made by harnessing our differences – whatever defines you, we ask you to bring your whole self to work. What truly defines a career at Allen & Overy? We recruit the best and ask for the best of you. We provide challenge, support and a place for you to belong. And together we excel, working on meaningful projects of global significance.
The Belfast office is a key part of A&O's advanced delivery of legal services to its clients, making intelligent use of technology and complementing the traditional law services provided by A&O throughout the world. We have created a truly collaborative culture where talented individuals work together and can flourish and achieve great things. Our Advanced Delivery & Solutions teams enhance cost efficiency, quality, speed, transparency and data-driven decision-making. By harnessing digital technology and alternative resourcing models, our Belfast team plays an important role in the way we deliver these services to our clients.
Our Belfast Summer Vacation Scheme is designed to show you exactly what it’s like to tackle exciting challenges every day in Allen & Overy’s friendly, supportive and dynamic culture. You will gain insight into our range of practice areas including; Corporate, Litigation, Banking & Finance, ICM and Real Estate. Working alongside Associates and Legal Professionals on live deals and cases, you’ll gain valuable skills to help you in your future career. You’ll also attend a diverse range of events and presentations that will show you what it takes to excel as a successful international commercial lawyer.
- Advanced Delivery Legal Management team
- Associates and Junior Associates
- Legal Professionals
- Wider AD&S teams including; Legal Technology and Project Management teams
Area of Responsibilities
- Document review
- Due diligence exercises
- Company searches
- Legal research
- Learning about Legal Technology tools and platforms
- Applications are open to Law students currently in their first or second year of their undergraduate degree.
- Strong academic background and on track to achieve a 2:1 undergraduate Law degree (we do take into account mitigating circumstances which may have affected your grades either at school or university).
- High levels of commercial awareness
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review and analyse documents
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines