Staff Writer Internship Secret London
The Secret Media Network (which publishes Madrid Secreto, Secret NYC, Secret Chicago, Secret London, etc.) is looking for an ambitious, creative and talented journalist/writer intern to join our editorial team, and create inspiring content for our sites and social channels.
Based in London, you'll be joining a small but perfectly-formed editorial team covering the best arts, culture, food and drink in the city at a demanding pace. You'll get critical digital newsroom experience in writing, researching, and sharing content, using all our in-house systems to deliver the best possible product. Your main area of focus will be Secret London, so having a local understanding of the city is a must.
We're looking for a talented writer to create brilliant articles about culture, entertainment, food & drinks, and things to do in London and surrounding areas.
Area of Responsibilities
- Finding digital focus stories and generating lots of article ideas, always thinking about its amplification on social media channels.
- Stay current on digital technology, data tools and social media trends.
- Writing engaging, accurate and informative articles and other social content and formats such as stories, video scripts, and social media copy captions.
- Little by little you’ll become an expert in the most important venues, events, news stories, and happenings in your city.
- Brilliant written English, with a warm, funny tone of voice.
- You must have previously published writing we can look at - student journalism and blog posts are all fine!
- Social media content creation skills are a plus (anything from TikToks to Twitter).
- Digital skills are also a plus, from Photoshop to using a CMS.
- Passionate about city life and the topics we cover, and tons of creative ideas.
- Excellent news sense and understanding of digital media trends, with a good feel for what makes content popular online.
- You’re a can-do person who takes on tasks proactively and sees things through to completion.
- Possibility of an agreement with school/university is compulsory.
- Having a local understanding of the city of London is a must.
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader.
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences.
- Home office friendly.
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth.
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- We have free food, drinks and fruit at the office!