Software Engineer Intern, Crypto Compliance & Risk (Summer 2023)
The Software Engineering Intern will help build the next generation of payment/crypto compliance, financial accounting, risk monitoring services to support a global payments business. Payments using crypto requires innovative solutions to emerging business needs in this advancing field. This role provides opportunities to think out-of-the box to solve traditional and non-traditional problems.
During this internship, you and your paired mentor will tackle technical challenges and projects in one of the team’s focus areas. The candidate should be a fast learner and enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team.
Area of Responsibilities
- Work with your mentor, and overall engineering team to build features and tools to deliver business solutions.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, from software design and requirements gathering to the unit and integration testing
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure code is production-ready
- Participate in the adoption of CI/CD principles within the organization
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate program, preferably in a computer science or related field
- Excellent debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Coursework or previous intern experience with software engineering, ideally involving programming, automation or custom tools.
- Competitive regional hourly pay
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Dedicated "buddy"- we'll partner you with someone at Ripple who will act as friend, advocate, liason, guide and so much more!
- Social and professional development events (In-person and virtual)
- Ripple offers lunches twice a week for non-remote employees
- On that note, Ripple has a very flexible remote policy - You get the choice of where you work from.
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Design laptop, software and headphones (on loan)