• Starts Jun 18
Software Engineer Intern
🚀 Placement Program
- Come join a core service platform team in Small Businesses at Intuit! We’re looking for passionate intern/co-ops to help us building our global payroll platform.
- You’ll join a company fully focused on serving our customers to help them thrive in their business. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle technical problems and implement creative solutions to delight our users in ways they have not imagined.
- Our internship program is truly an 'early identification' program, focusing on assessing and investing in high potential university students early to encourage them to bring their talent back to Intuit after graduation.
- You will be empowered to grow and expand your skills and scope of responsibilities during your internship. You will be well supported in your professional progression through regular feedback and mentoring from senior team members.
Area of Responsibilities
- Work in a small, autonomous team to create awesome features for our customers.
- Write efficient, maintainable and testable code for our platform, mainly in Groovy and Java.
- Collaborate with software engineers to share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Work in short incremental cycles to deliver value on a frequent but manageable basis
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelor or Master) in Computer Science or a related technical field or the equivalent.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Good understanding of object-oriented design and programming principles.
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills.
- Experience with any object oriented language like Java, C++, Ruby or Python, and good debugging skills.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving.