Sales Engineering Intern
🚀 Placement Program
The Sales Engineering team is responsible for engaging with R3’s strategic partners, as well as our end users, to facilitate a favourable view of Corda with our prospective customers. The role is a well-rounded one to include: pre-sales presentations and demos with a technical specialist, requirement gathering, business cases, RFP responses, proposals, architectural design of solutions and support to the sales partner teams as required. This is not a sales role but is a position in which there is opportunity to support the Sales team and act as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants.
Area of Responsibilities
- 50% of your time will be spent working on a demo project (the theme of which will be discussed with your mentor dependent on your interests). The aim of this project is to produce and deliver a working Corda demo and associated materials- hands on coding skills are essential!
- 50% of your time will be supporting the Capital Markets Sales Engineering team in the US with the following: Attending client/partner sessions with the New York team (Corda 101s, Deep-dives, Workshops etc); Independently planning and delivering Corda 101s; Assisting with RFI/RFP responses and project proposals, Developing Sales Engineering materials and collateral (presentations, RFP library etc); Assisting with planning & follow-ups to client/partner sessions
- Previous software development experience is essential, as well as the projects that you may have completed during your studies at university. You'll have strong Java programming skills (knowledge of Kotlin would be advantageous)
- Flexible with the ability to work independently in addition to working productively alongside our New York based Sales Engineers
- An interest in Blockchain technology and the financial industry is essential
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills and ability to successfully manage tasks as well as excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive, conscientious, self-motivated and goal oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge or experience of architecture topics (e.g. messaging, networks, security etc) would be advantageous