Quantum Networking Intern - 1 Year UK) - ET&I
We are Emerging Technologies and Incubations (ET&I) at Cisco. We are chartered to build the next new business for Cisco. To take Cisco into new markets, and especially towards new personas - both buyer and user. And like building a startup from the ground up, it's all about having an entrepreneurial mindset. Taking an idea from a crazy thought, to a product that solves a critical need, to an experience that delights users and customers. It's about innovation.
From 12 months out to 5 years in the future. Wearing multiple hats. Failing and learning, fast. About challenging assumptions and finding new ways of solving problems. Driving form ambiguity. About creativity.
We are looking for entrepreneurs. Thinkers. Designers. Marketers. Product Led Growth experts. Business Development, SDRs, Customer Success. Product Managers, SWEs, SREs. Data Scientists and ML engineers. Yes, we are building the next set of startups with the support of a trusted name like Cisco. Where else will you get to do this? We are Cisco ET&I. We run bold, we run agile, and we run ambitious. Come create with us.
Our Engineering team within ET&I is looking for interns who are passionate about joining us on a journey that takes us from conceptualization to product. You will be part of the incubation team to develop new products and bring them to market in a startup-like environment.
Area of Responsibilities
A successful candidate can fulfil several responsibilities in the following:
- Work with Cisco ET&I and Optical BU on the creation and assessment of quantum networking protocols
- As part of this task the intern will need to
- Simulate, develop, and test new protocols for quantum networks.
- disseminate of information on the findings of the simulations
- Gather information state-of-the art form papers to prepare for team discussions.
- Attending CQN (Center of Quantum Networks) calls and discussion groups with the purpose to strengthen and enhance Cisco’s understanding of the state of the art quantum networking arena, as well as to discuss projects and papers in work within US member universities.
- In seconf/third year of BCs/ MSc physics degree
- Quantum Networking simulation
- Networking Optimization
- Networking simulation, programming skills (python, C, C++)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented
- Outstanding research skills
- Understanding of IT trends / background in technology
- Thrive in a team environment and in a large organization