Quant Data Analyst Internship
Quantbot Technologies LP
As a quant firm, we inhabit the dynamic confluence of technology and finance. We maintain and support over a petabyte of market, historical and derived data for use in our research and trading, and our regional operation teams monitor and help strategists implement their strategies on a global scale. Throughout the internship, you will be working directly with the London or New York team to process and evaluate new datasets, and directly participate in the development of new tools and infrastructure at Quantbot. As part of our global footprint, there will also be constant collaboration with our other regional offices in New York and Hong Kong. We are looking for a recent graduate (or final year undergrad) excited to use their coding skills in a real-world setting, who can multitask on different projects and is willing to learn about finance on-the-job. We provide training at the beginning and continuous support throughout the entire internship, including a dedicated mentor for one-on-one assistance and encouragement. As you familiarize yourself with your tasks, you will have the chance to take on more responsibility and directly contribute to the continued success of Quantbot. Upon completion of the internship, if you perform well then there is the possibility of full-time employment at the end of the internship.
Along with working out of our spacious London office in the Square Mile, you will be joining us on company outings and our traditional Friday lunch. Our office has a relaxed, dress-down atmosphere that encourages input and growth, and our commitment to a healthy work-life balance means your personal commitments are just as important to us as your professional ones. This is a truly unique chance to join a growing, yet close-knit, quant firm, and gain relevant experience and skills that will serve you well for the future.
Area of Responsibilities
- Evaluating new datasets
- Evaluating new ideas from research papers
- Preparing datasets for analysis
- Documenting the process and conclusion of the analysis for each dataset for easy review
- Developing tools using Python
- Minimum 2:1 (graduated or expected) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics degree, or any other applicable STEM degree
- Excellent communication skills, and good attention to detail
- Programming experience in Python
- Preferred but not required: Minimal user experience in the Linux environment
- Would be nice but not required: Some knowledge of financial markets and concepts