Product Analyst Summer Intern - London
Portfolio Valuations Product Development team is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills to work within its Product Development team.
The successful candidate will have multiple responsibilities including especially the maintenance and development of models used by the financial derivatives Valuation and Initial Margin calculation service and providing technical expertise internally and externally on valuation, risk sensitivity and initial margin calculation methodologies.
The role provides the successful candidate the opportunity to work on a wide range of derivatives products and cutting-edge models with experienced colleagues across global locations as well as exposures to a diverse set of clients.
During your summer at S&P Global you'll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on-the-job experience focusing on high impact work that allows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career.
The Summer 2023 Internship Program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at S&P Global.
Area of Responsibilities
- Working on the quantitative, analytical, and technological development of derivatives valuation models across asset classes with a focus on risk sensitivity and margin calculation
- Providing on-going product support for our Global Product Service team and clients on any issues relating to risk sensitivity and margin calculations including the coordination of client trials, addressing queries, resolving price challenges, and any other general support
- Enhancing existing models or specifying / building / testing models to support new products
- Ensuring the quality and reliability of market data inputs and calibrations
- Working closely with other product groups and the global sales team to participate in driving new business and identifying product opportunities
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Physics, Mathematics and Quantitative Finance)
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to details; ethical and well-organized
- Strong interest in financial derivatives.
- Excellent data analysis skill; proficiency in Excel; programming experience (Python, Java and C++ etc) is not required but helpful.
- Ability to work well within a global team environment alongside other product analysts, client service, quants, and developers
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.