Placement Student - Civil Engineering EC1-4
🚀 Placement Program
We are looking for suitable candidates to join our 2023 placement scheme within our Consulting business unit. This is an exciting opportunity to gain work experience with leading infrastructure services and engineering company. Our 12-month placements are designed for second and third-year undergraduate students looking for practical work experience to support their university studies. You may only be with us for one year, but we’ll give you valuable work experience and development opportunities, with high performers given the opportunity to join our Graduate Programme.
Area of Responsibilities
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet client specification with relevant standards.
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence.
- Prepare design calculations drawing and documents.
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors.
- Prepare feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports ensuring compliance with Amey procedures.
- Compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly CDM regulations.
- Working towards a 2:1 degree in BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or related discipline
- Available to join our programme in July 2023
- Passion for developing your skills both professional and personally, including commitment to complete the appropriate professional registration in your field (i.e. Chartership – CEng)
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with evidence of problem-solving capability
- Self-motivated with the ability to plan and prioritise time
2:1 or higher
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- 24 Days annual leave + Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme
- Choices: Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey: Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on days out, or nights in
- Social Value: You’ll get 2 Community Involvement Day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives for CRUK, or where eligible, participate in the DoE Gold Award