Operations - Discovery Programme - 2023 - Glasgow
The Discovery Diversity Programme is an amazing opportunity for students from underrepresented groups, who are 2 years out from graduation, to be assessed for, and to apply to join, our Summer Internships in 2024 before anyone else.
It’s the chance to learn about a career at Barclays, the chance to find out a lot about the business world and to discover a bit about yourself. And, as you’ll gain a good understanding of the full selection of roles and opportunities we offer, it’s a perfect stepping stone to one of our 10-week internships.
Millions of people, businesses and corporations across the globe rely on Barclays. From helping people buy their first homes to enabling companies to grow; from the day-to-day personal finances that make life possible to the massive investments that help whole economies thrive, Barclays is there. Every minute of every day. And none of this can happen without the smooth-running, ever improving systems behind the scenes. Payments need to be processed. Credit card systems need to be maintained. Trades, equity transactions, debt financing — all of these must be verified and swiftly processed. This essential work is down to our Operations team.
Area of Responsibilities
· Join seminars and workshops, where you’ll learn about financial services, your chosen business area, the recruitment process and Barclays as an employer.
· Participate in specific breakout sessions for your business area, where you'll gain insights of what you can expect from the Summer Internship in 2024.
· Build your understanding of the assessment process and next steps
· Connect with people from across our business, including current graduates who have already made the journey that you are starting out on.
· Attend dedicated networking sessions with senior leaders and graduates aligned to your chosen business area
· Explore the various Barclays D&I networks.
· On the 2nd day of the programme, you can be assessed for the 2024 summer internship by taking part in 2 assessments.
· You are 2 years out from graduation.
· You can be studying any degree discipline.
· You are curious to understand how a global bank adapts in a constantly evolving environment.