MINI Plant Oxford - Paint Application - 13 Month Placement (July 2023)
🚀 Placement Program
⌛ 11d left
Apply by Mar 31
We are looking for a confident and eager to learn individual to join our Paint Application team, responsible for applying the protective and cosmetic layers of paint to the car body, including both the UV and clearcoat protective layers to protect the paint coatings. We are also directly responsible for the automated equipment to achieve the process, the quality management of the process, and the application of bespoke contrast roof variants, activities that you will be a key and valued part of maintaining and developing.
Area of Responsibilities
- Supporting the continued rollout of data analytic systems within the department. This includes developing system processes to allow ease of use.
- Based on recent process changes, you will be conducting and verifying quality improvement experiments with our local teams and key users.
- Supporting new model integration activities.
- Supporting us in achieving further digitalisation within our Paint Application department.
- Bespoke reporting using our data analytic systems.
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Must be a confident IT user, particularly in Microsoft Office software such as Excel. Additionally, you must be willing to learn how to use our internal IT systems.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-driven, with the ability to work autonomously as some tasks will require the successful candidate to drive themselves.
- Creative, confident, and self-assured.
- Willing and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- A personal interest in Engineering is advantageous.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.