MINI Plant Oxford - Assembly Process Planning - 13 Month Placement (July 2023)
We are looking for a confident and eager to learn individual to join our Assembly Planning team at the MINI Plant in Oxford, responsible for developing and installing processes for one of the most efficient production plants in the world. Car assembly requires a vast array of engineering skills and methods, something you will be a key and valued member of developing from day one.
If you have an inquisitive mind, an interest in equipment, process, and making things work well in a production environment, a thirst for knowledge, and would like the opportunity to work in a highly complex production facility, then this could be the role for you.
Area of Responsibilities
- Supporting all aspects of assembly planning, special tool planning, and assembly structure and equipment planning.
- Working on new vehicle launches, supervising the vehicle series production and its optimization, and supporting running changes.
- Supporting the Assembly Planning team in setting up equipment, planning the necessary tooling, and creating the required documentation for the safe and robust running of MINI manufacturing.
- Working alongside our planners and assisting them with the preparation, coordination, and implementation of projects. This will include supporting our annual shutdown operations.
- Analysing and evaluating important production and business data.
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Technical, or similar) and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Strong knowledge of all standard Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Completion of project management specific modules in your degree would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Flexibility, allowing you to work on various topics at one time and support operational implementations as required.
- The ability to work both independently and in groups, forming your own ideas and solutions to challenges presented.
- Prior knowledge of planning/processes would be advantageous but is not essential. More important is the ability to learn quickly, bringing original ideas on process improvement opportunities into the business.
- Strong English language skills are essential. This includes strong communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to summarise topics and present them clearly.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.