Internship - Software Tools Developer
As an intern on our Software Tools team, you will work alongside our applications, firmware and algorithm development teams to write production code. We use Java to develop advanced desktop application software tools, running on Windows and Mac platforms that allow Cirrus Hardware Engineers and our Customers to perform graphical configuration and tuning of our products.
Area of Responsibilities
- Work within a large, globally distributed software development team that develops advanced desktop application software tools, running on Windows and Mac platforms.
- Collaborate with the local team to clarify, breakdown, and estimate requirements.
- Work with partners and teammates to create, review, and implement designs.
- Learn good practices and techniques for developing software on a global team.
- Learn as much as possible about Cirrus Logic products and the Solutions we provide our Customers.
- Actively pursuing a BSc or MSc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar relevant area).
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design and development skills in Java, C++, C# (or similar statically-typed system language)
- Experience in Python, Ruby or similar system scripting language.
- Experience/Exposure to multi-threaded systems, multi-process systems, IPC, Algorithms, Data Structures.
- Exposure to high-level UI frameworks (JavaFX, Swing, XAML/.NET, Qt or similar).
- Understanding of version control (Git, SVN or similar).
- Experience with Unit/UI Testing (JUnit, TestFX or similar).
- Exposure/interest in build automation, deployment and continuous integration methodologies.
- Strong desire to work actively with development teams and learn both soft and technical skills.