Internship Programme 2023 - Information Technology
ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
ABN AMRO UK’s IT function is under the remit of the Head of IT, who’s department is accountable for IT services (Platforms and Technology) in collaboration with the central Innovation and Technology (I&T) departments (incl. IT Personal and Business Banking and Functions (PBBF) and IT Wealth Management and corporate banking (WMCB)
The IT function sits alongside the Information Security function, both within the UK COO Office who are responsible for the provision of technical and business support functions to the business lines and functions present in the UK, with the goal of enabling the smooth and efficient running of the organisation. The department is responsible for Procurement services, buildings and facilities management, and business continuity planning and co-ordination.
The IT team are collaborative, open and like to meet challenges. With the innovation from the I&T department, our users have a strong foundation for which to collaborate and look to efficiencies using tools and applications provided.
Area of Responsibilities
- Shadow our IT Support and resolve local incidents
- Be involved in tasks related to IT projects
- Have an insight into Information Security
- Whilst on placement, use the Office365 tools including Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook and other business applications
- Penultimate year undergraduate student (studying a relevant degree) or second/third year apprenticeship student equivalent
- Enthusiastic individuals with contemporary values
- A motivated interest in Financial Services
- Ability to communicate clearly and comprehensively with a variety of audiences
- Solid IT skills; proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of the Office 365 product suite, is preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Effective at following instructions
- Demonstrable analysis skills
- Good interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to remain composed when working in difficult situations and to be proactive
- Eager to learn and take and action feedback