Internship -Global Financing Operations (11 months' Fixed Term Contract)
Business scope – Financing Operations (FinOps) teams are responsible for managing all of the financing operations on behalf of the various business lines of the CIB.
Area of Responsibilities
The mission of the FinOps Agency & Solutions (Middle Office) department is, but is not limited to:
- Control transactions to ensure that they are fully compliant with the authorizations given and requirements made by the Credit Committee, at both structuring and implementation stages.
- Assess and manage operational risks — in liaison with the Risk Department, carry out transaction monitoring until maturity
- Provide support and expertise to the Front Office at all stages during the life of a transaction, as well as provide the Back Office with thoroughly documented instructions
- Monitor that all regulatory and compliance obligations have been carried out within their designated timeframe.
- Ensure day-to-day support is given across all business lines — both for new and existing credit facilities.
- Establishment of effective partnerships with all Front Offices as a key stakeholder as well as teams in several areas of the bank in different capacities (Risk, Finance, BO etc.).
- Information emanating from the Bank’s systems, primarily LoanIQ; this will include both the quantitative and qualitative detailed information which the department is responsible for controlling. Specifically this will include; New deal booking, Collaterals, Covenants and Commitment levels.
- Loan documentation (inc. Security packages).
- Detailed instructions for Back Office (other affected parties), where applicable.
- Departmental monthly reports
- Internal departmental check sheets & statistics
Good communication skills - in order to facilitate daily contact with own departmental staff and other Natixis employees (not exclusively London) together with external counterparts (Primarily Agent Banks for loan instructions/covenants etc.).
Knowledge of or experience with LoanIQ would be preferred - however on-site training will be given.
Excellent PC sills / systems literacy - good knowledge of full suite of Microsoft programs with a minimum level of intermediate Excel (preferably advanced).
Initiative and forward thinking - to effectively anticipate (and pro-actively manage) higher risk or more complex situations. We would also expect the candidate to challenge the rationale of existing processes and reporting produced (especially in relation to manually produced via Microsoft excel).
Ability to work as part of a team following the procedures and guidelines as set out by the branch.