Black Duck by Synopsys is a highly-trusted “gold standard” for open source audits. We deliver hundreds of audits per year, mainly for customers engaged in M&A transactions, acquiring tech companies. We discover, illuminate and help mitigate open source risks in the target company’s code. Black Duck prides itself as being a market and industry leader in Open Source compliance and Security experts. As part of Black Duck by Synopsys you will be involved in working in a team that spans across the globe to develop internal tools to provide support to our team. As an intern developer there is opportunity for you to engage in all parts of the agile team from development, QA and gaining experience in the agile approach to building successful tools. This position will report directly to the Manager of Black Duck On-Demand. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual contributor to assist with tools development out of our Belfast, office.
Area of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Fully engage in training on Black Duck Audit development processes and tools.
· Develop a good understanding of the capabilities and architecture of BDS internal tools.
· As part of a team, assist Senior Developers in designing and implementing tools.
o Be able to gather and evaluate user feedback.
o Be self-assured to troubleshoot, debug and fix known issues.
o Using your knowledge and training, recommend and implement improvements to tools.
· Ability to work autonomously and as part of a remote team both in Belfast and Black Ducks other offices
· Be Responsible for deadlines both personal and as part of a team
· Liaise with senior members of the team where necessary.
· Undertake any other activities as are reasonably requested by management.
· Studying for Bachelor's Degree with at least a 50% IT-related make up.
· Knowledge of SQL or other database and creating and running queries.
· Demonstrable knowledge of Java and/or other programming languages
· Experience with software development tools, including IDE’s, Code Repositories, and Build Tools is a plus.
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
· Excellent time management and communication skills
· Attention to detail