Intern New Openings EMEA
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
The Intern New Openings EMEA will be part of the New Openings EMEA team supporting in a variety of administrative duties in the area of new hotel openings. They will also have exposure to the EMEA Field Operations, Learning & Development, Architecture, Design & Construction, and Sourcing teams, working individually or alongside other Interns from other corporate departments on business-critical projects.
Area of Responsibilities
1. Support the use of Salesforce throughout the WH&R EMEA Opening Process, and support the team to review this process
2. Furnish the Owner/ Hotel General Manager with access to all the tools WH&R provide to support them in the hotel opening stage and deliver our goal to ‘Elevate the Brand Experience’
3. Help to manage the opening project critical path to ensure all key deadlines are delivered on time, throughout the pre-opening phase until the Hotel Opening. This will involve extensive liaising with key departments including Development, Procurement, Design/Construction, Commercial and Training functions to meet business expectations and franchise agreement requirements
4. Attend Deal team calls as required, document changes agreed and update Salesforce to reflect the changes as required
5. Support the New Openings team to provide a clear understanding of WH&R requirements to the hotels during the opening process
6. Internship Project: All Interns are involved in a business-critical project during their internship
7. Support the employee engagement committee in organising activities/ initiatives under 3 pillars: People, Community and Sustainability
• Bachelor’s degree or above (or studying towards) in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Management (or similar field)
• Previous experience in a hospitality environment either as part of an internship or, as a minimum, holiday work experience is an advantage.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Other language skills are an advantage.
• Database Management would be helpful.
• Project management skills and high affinity towards data and technology would be helpful.
• 25 days of holidays per annum (accrued basis)