Intern - Information Developer
Would you like to play a part in developing next-generation technology while working alongside and learning from some of the world’s best engineers?
If you are seeking an exciting role – Arm is the place for you.
This is a great opportunity for a hardworking, detail-orientated undergraduate to work on innovative technology for a global leader in the semiconductor industry. If technology excites you, and you have excellent written communication skills, you could be the one that we are looking for to join our Information Developers at our Cambridge base.
This is a 3-months summer opportunity. We are happy to consider other arrangements to suit your university requirements!
Area of Responsibilities
- Crafting and maintaining technical content in collaboration with Arm Engineers and other Information Developers
- Acquiring source information from personal investigations, internal project documentation, and interviews with domain specialists
- Ensuring that the technical content meets the requirements of the end users
- Writing structured content that improves comprehension and ease of use without the loss of precision
- Writing content that adheres to the Arm writing standards.
- Incorporating review comments
- Ensuring that technical content follows corporate standards while following current processes and policies
To be considered for this position you should be studying for a bachelor’s degree. We are open-minded about degree subject areas as we have found strong candidates from a variety backgrounds, including:
- Computer Science
- Comparative Linguistics
- Electrical Engineering
- Curiosity about technology, and a willingness to learn about Arm’s products
- Excellent written communications skills
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Excellent customer focus
- Logical problem solver, interested in learning about sophisticated abstract concepts
- Ability to learn and adapt
"Nice to have" skills and experiences:
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate us in the talent marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence these attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
- Operates reliably and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with a can-do attitude
- Builds strong and positive relationships based on mutual trust
- Applies critical thinking and seeks alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Demonstrates a positive demeanour in gaining insight from team members and is receptive to feedback
- Explores alternative perspectives before carefully crafting work that will deliver impactful results
- Strives to achieve the efficient outcomes for Arm and our customers