• Starts May 31
Industrial Placement Student – Building Surveying, Glasgow
🚀 Placement Program
⌛ 7d left
Apply by Mar 30
- Internships are designed to introduce and build essential, hands on skills that differ from those attained in the academic arena and help to enhance the transition from student to professional.
- Interns are assigned duties that will provide a broad, well-rounded learning experience within their field of study
Area of Responsibilities
Construction & Surveying
- Production of reports and other technical documentation using appropriate software, with the necessary level of detail as required at various stages during production of information.
- Accompany senior staff on site visits and record information.
- Communicate clearly, including the ability to write concisely for input into technical reports and to contribute to conference calls, meetings and workshops.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- Be aware of and understand the AECOM procedures, their importance and their application to projects.
- Supporting project managers and other staff with other office duties with integrity and flexibility.
- Organising and managing your professional work responsibly and independently where necessary.
- Carry out professional work with care, conscientiousness and with proper regard to relevant technical and professional standards.
- Ability of working to meet demanding deadlines.
- Undertaking a degree in Building Surveying recognised by RICS.
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Full driving licence is essential