Industrial Placement - Bridge Engineering
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Bridge/Civil Structures student to join our London team! This role will see you consulting and designing the construction of all types, from smaller, architectural footbridges like the Ponte Della Musica in Rome, to major bridge crossings such as the Northern Spire in Sunderland.
Working closely with our infrastructure design teams, we have designed and supervised the construction of dozens of bridges, underpasses, cut and cover tunnel and culverts in many countries over the past decade. We provide input into the design of roads and railways, into the viability of major infrastructure projects and their environmental impact.
Area of Responsibilities
- Learn about analysis and bridge design
- Perform design verification and independent checks
- Analyse erection techniques
- Assess strength and propose rehabilitation of existing structures
You will be currently studying a degree or master’s level in Civil or Structural Engineering. It would beneficial for the successful candidate to demonstrate skills and knowledge in:
- Developing concept designs
- Work competently with some assistance from Engineers and above
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary engineering solutions for detail design
- Prepare Technical Specifications
- Finite Element Analysis
- Aptitude for coding and computational analysis
- CAD/Revit knowledge