Graduate Civil Engineer Placement - Advance Plus
At MWH Treatment we believe that people matter. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
To continue with our growth plans for 2023 and beyond we are searching for Civil Engineer students for a 12-month placement opportunity to work within the water/wastewater sector. You will get the opportunity to work within the design team whilst also gaining some on site experience.
Based in Rickmansworth or one of our London site offices, you would gain exposure on projects across our London water framework.
Area of Responsibilities
As part of the engineering team, under the support of one of our senior engineers and the design manager, you will deliver engineering solutions for our projects. You will:
- Carry out surveys and site visits
- Develop civil engineering designs which drive cost and carbon reduction efficiencies, meet the requirements of the specification, and can be constructed effectively.
- Produce civil engineering deliverables including design calculations, 3D models and construction drawings in liaison with CAD technicians
- Work with other discipline engineers, supply chain and site teams to support design delivery within a multi-discipline environment
- Prepare of design risk assessments
- Produce clear and well-presented reports, specifications, and other engineering documentation
- Undertake a placement on one of our construction sites where you will learn how engineering designs are built into operable assets which deliver water and wastewater solutions for customers, and gain experience in project management and construction.
- Currently studying towards a Civil Engineering Degree
- Successful candidates will need to be flexible and willing to spend time in other offices and sites. This is to gain a full understanding of new projects and different clients, which will provide fresh experiences and support your development.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal are essential, and you must be able to work well within a team and independently. You will be self – motivated, flexible and reliable with good problem-solving skills.
- You will also have a strong client service focus and excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task. Excellent computer skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office are essential.
- Candidates will also need to have a full UK driving license or in the process of taking their driving test.
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid Working
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance