Glasgow Audit Summer Internship - 2023
Grant Thornton UK LLP
Get to know us, our clients and start learning more about yourself. As an intern in audit, you'll join us for four weeks for an opportunity to get stuck in with real responsibility, gain an insight into life as a trainee and fast track to a graduate role.
Our Audit and Assurance practice is comprised of over 10 different teams and over 50 partners. We audit over 8,000 entities annually, ranging from FTSE and AIM listed groups to small and medium sized enterprises. From the beginning you'll be expected to get stuck in, develop deep relationships and ask the right questions to cut to the core of your client's business. There’ll be challenges along the way, but you’ll be supported and able to meet each one with a solution. That’s how you excel here.
Area of Responsibilities
Your internship will start with an orientation where you’ll get to know your new colleagues and fellow interns, and immerse yourself in our business, vision and purpose. Being able to see the bigger picture and then focus on the specific client's issues is essential. You’ll also be supported every step of the way by our team.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll experience during your four weeks with us:
• Hands on experience in the different aspects of audit, with a variety of clients
• Responsibility and the opportunity to take ownership for interesting and challenging client work
• You’ll get experience in everything from examining financial records, carrying out audit tests, to attending stock-takes and completing audit files
• You’ll develop a strong internal and external network to learn from
• Working closely with colleagues to provide robust challenge and market leading insights to help clients meet their regulatory needs and business objectives
• Subject to restrictions, you may be required to travel to a variety of client offices
• On the job learning, alongside a structured programme
• At the end of the programme, you’ll have gained a wide range of skills and experience which will support your learning and development back at university and when you return to the workplace.
We’ve got a flexible approach to academic entry requirements, and we’ll consider these alongside your strengths and motivations. We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves.