GE Aviation Data Science - 12 Month Placement
In the 12-month Data Science Placement, you may be combining data and analytics with engineering or applications knowledge. We make extensive use of Machine Learning (ML) and Advanced Analytics including Computer Vision; Neural Networks; NLP and advanced statistics as well as working with varied and big datasets.
GE Aviation combines unrivalled strength in the Aviation domain with digital capability to provide business changing outcomes. Our Data Science projects include working with GE Commercial Engines to support all aspects of the engines’ business from in-service deployment, fleet monitoring and management to maintenance, supply chain and financial operations. A typical Data Science project starts with a problem statement and dataset and our job is to work alongside GE customers to develop, test and deploy analytics which solve their problems or provide significant insights and improvements to the business. Every project is different and gives the opportunity to learn something new.
Area of Responsibilities
- Applying analytical or ML methods to monitor trends and identify issues
- Assisting in the development, test and deployment of analytics including dashboards/reports and the maintenance of existing capabilities
- Assisting in the preparation of clear and insightful presentations
- A structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to deliver required tasks to timelines
- Comfortable working within a team or independently
- Communicating technical information to a range of stakeholders – e.g. peers, experts and non-experts, customers.
- Our Data Science projects vary from site to site, specific project details will be provided at the interview stage
- Currently studying or recently achieved a Maths, Physics, Physical/Engineering Sciences, Data Science, Computer Science, or Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering bachelor’s or master’s degree. Other degree subjects may also apply.
- Analytical scripting skills – Python preferred.
- SQL and Version Control (e.g. Github) experience also useful.
- Some experience of Machine Learning and advanced statistics.
- A keen interest in Data Science and analytics and working in commercial Aviation.
- Able to roll up your sleeves and get involved in projects
- Organized & able to work towards deadlines
- Inspired and curious to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to take ownership for projects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work as part of a team