Full Stack Engineering Intern
At Expensify, our unique approach to solving a real-world problem allows people to spend less time managing expenses and more time pursuing their real goals. Today, more than 10 million people and 80,000 companies use Expensify across the globe — that’s more customers than the rest of the industry combined. We’re the fastest-growing receipt and expense company globally, and one of the highest revenue-per-employee companies in the world. We reimburse millions of dollars every day, process billions every year, and serve customers in more than 169 countries.
Area of Responsibilities
- Implementing improvements
- Planning, building, and maintaining cross-stack features like accounting integrations, advanced receipt scanning, and more.
- Guiding and enabling others in the organization: we'll share our editor tricks, dotfiles and productive workflows. Share yours!
- Asking questions about things you don’t understand and challenging the status quo.
- Is a student who can commit to at least 3 months full-time, and then an additional 3 months either part-time or full-time with the opportunity for full-time employment after the internship.
- Has experience writing real-world software to solve real-world problems.
- Communicates well, both interpersonally and in their code.
- Is a natural problem solver, knows how to solve problems by automating their solutions.
- Understands the role and impact that programming can have on the organization as a whole.
- Wants to develop and grow their skills in programming and leadership within the organization.
Whether you’re building features like calendar integrations, importing credit card transactions, or pulling information from receipts, you’re self-driven and collaborative. You’re an autonomous individual who is passionate about writing beautiful and concise code. You’re willing to work with other engineers, designers, and customer facing teams to turn our dreams into reality. You’re excited by our culture of Live Rich, Have Fun, and Save the World, and have an ambition you’re incredibly passionate about that Expensify can help you achieve.
- Full-time, salaried position
- Medical/Dental/Mental Health support/Vision coverage
- Free lunch
- Flexible vacation policy