Finance Intern - Procurement
British American Tobacco
🚀 Placement Program
This role is part of Global Procurement Finance team which is responsible for (but not limited to) global operations costs and savings, analyzing the opportunities for cost optimizations and savings opportunities in the respective areas. This requires a close collaboration across the organizations both at Central and Regional levels. The key business partners are Global Procurement, Global Supply Chain and Manufacturing, Regional and Global Finance teams.
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Support shaping the WMS savings model for Global Procurement.
- Develop and embed tracking tools for inflation, cost savings & impacts on COGS (cost of goods sold).
- Support in developing the fit-for-purpose tools to enable timely, transparent, and accurate view of Operations financials.
- Providing general finance support to the team using specialist skills including understanding and application of respective techniques.
- Support the Operations team in building a model for tighter control and management of Central Overheads, including intercompany recharges.
- Support the wider Procurement Finance team with adhoc tasks as they arise.
- Basic industry understanding;
- Basic financial modelling understanding;
- Advanced Excel user / Familiar with Power Point;
- Familiarity with the key financial statements – PL, BS, Cash Flow;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to solve challenges in a logical way;
- Ability to think critically;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in a team-oriented mind-set;
- A self-starter able to operate with limited need for close supervision or guidance;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships;
- Ideally initial past professional experience (from tobacco industry, other FMCG companies).