Finance & Controlling Intern - 12 month
🚀 Placement Program
We are currently recruiting for a Finance & Controlling Intern to join our team based in Manchester working on renewable energy transmission projects. The position will report directly to the Finance Manager within the Finance/Business Controlling Team. This is a 12-month full time role.
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
You will play a meaningful role in making our business future ready, by supporting our Finance and Controlling Team in their initiatives.
- Support Finance Manager with Month end closing activities including
- Work closely with colleagues and other departments within Finance to ensure a complete picture of the business is understood for forecasting and reporting purposes
- Focus on continuous process automation to maximize the departments deliverables to internal stakeholders
- Help improve the efficiency of our company through process optimization, intelligent data analysis / visualization and use of process automation.
- Close liaison with other departments and relationship building with internal customers
- Support annual cost centre planning process
- Run monthly cost centre review meetings with all business function heads (sales, engineering, project management etc), analysing actuals vs forecast and budget
- Studying towards or have completed a degree in a business/finance or data analytical related subject area.
- Experience of working in a finance department would be advantageous but not essential.
- If you already gained insights into data models, coding (SQL) or data visualization (Tableau) and automation it would be considered an advantage.
- Enjoy working independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Energized by collaborating with others to find innovative solutions.
- Be comfortable communicating with people at different levels
- You think logically, are willing to self-learn and research and take a creative approach to problem solving