Facilities & Maintenance Internship - London
As Facilities & Maintenance Intern you will be responsible for assisting and supporting in maintenance and minor works projects across our network of world class luxury stores. Liaising closely with our retail teams throughout UK, Ireland and South Africa, alongside our Head Office teams, you will oversee the smooth running and day to day F&M operations and administration.
The opportunity will be best suited to a highly motivated individual withexceptional project management skills – comfortable working in a fast paced and agile environment.
Area of Responsibilities
Build relationships with external contractors and overseeing the tender process to onboard new suppliers and assisting with procurement, new vendor creation and contract management
Assist with the coordination between Stores, Security providers and Contractors for major/ minor works across our stores and Head Office
Maintain and administer the F&M budget cost plan , ensuring all invoices are managed end to end in line with monthly deadlines, liaising directly with the Service Providers and Finance team when necessary
Support the FM Manager with financial forecasting, attending and contributing to monthly finance meetings with FM Manager and Finance
Support in obtaining & reviewing quotes for store projects and remedial works
Actively partner with Store Management, conducting regular site visits & FM walk throughs
Supporting with registering all monthly, quarterly and annual maintenance visits “required actions” on store trackers, regularly maintaining records and compliance documentation
Support in undertaking quarterly reporting on energy consumption by store, contributing towards reducing our footprint in line without global Sustainability commitment
- Previous experience in project management or F&M administration (beneficial)
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Strong Excel skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Proven experience of working within a fast paced and agile environment required (retail desirable)
- Ability to prioritise a varying workload and to work off own initiative
- Strong organisational skills and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- A team player who enjoys working in a vibrant and multicultural environment, with the capacity to work in autonomy
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish professional working relationships with both internal & external contacts.