• Starts Jun 4
Data Scientist - Intern
The HEINEKEN Company
This is a great opportunity to join one of the most exciting businesses in FMCG today, and at a crucial time in our development – as we push ahead with a full new product development programme, activate key sponsorships over the summer and deliver a number of corporate business and sustainability promises.
Area of Responsibilities
As a Data Science intern, your primary focus will be to utilize our vast data resources to drive strategic decision-making and improve our products and services. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams such as product owners, data analysts, software engineers, and business stakeholders to understand business requirements and data needs.
Your key responsibilities will include data wrangling, exploration, visualization, and modelling to gain insights from large and complex data sets. You will be exposed to various data science techniques and tools, such as data preparation and statistical analysis, to extract meaningful insights from data.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in research and development projects, contributing to the continuous improvement of our data science capabilities. As a Data Science intern, you will be expected to think critically, work collaboratively, and develop innovative solutions that can drive significant value for our business and customers.
You’ll address real world problems – driving real world results. You’ll have the opportunity to build strong stakeholder management skills and forge a strong network for future career opportunities. We want you to flourish in this role, and you will be closely supported by both a key business stakeholder and a mentor within the Digital function.
We are looking for someone who embodies the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Currently pursuing or completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Strong understanding of programming languages such as Python, R, and/or SQL.
- Ability to understand and manipulate complex data sets to extract meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on developing solutions to meet project goals.
- Strong communication skills to effectively articulate technical concepts to the project team and stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to work on a single project, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, with a focus on collaborating with the project team members.
- A strong desire to learn and contribute to the project's success.
Cover Letter Task: Please tell us why this internship has your name all over it!