Data Collection and Management Intern (May Start)
Are you a bright graduate about to take that important first step in your career? And are you looking for an opportunity in which you can build your skillset, contribute to key projects for the business, and gain experience in the publishing industry? Or perhaps you are a current student who is seeking summer work.
Area of Responsibilities
As an intern working on the Desalination and Reuse Handbook or the Tariff Survey, you’ll gain experience in online publishing and hone your skills in data management, clerical work and research. You will also have the opportunity to learn about the wider world of publishing and the water industry while making an important contribution towards the development of high-value publications which have international visibility.
With the support and mentorship of your manager, interns will gain first-hand experience in primary data collection and data input. If you work on the Desalination and Reuse Handbook, you’ll join a team to collect references from water companies around the world, through both email correspondence and telephone calls. In working on the Tariff Survey, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate within your team to collect water tariff data from water utilities, utilising desktop research, email correspondence and telephone calls. During the interview, our hiring managers will introduce you to the projects in more detail and take into account your preferences when making offers.
You don’t need previous experience of the international water industry to apply: if you think you have the skills below, we’ll teach you everything you need to know!
- A confident telephone manner
- Committed, persistent and pro-active approach to work
- Great attention to detail
- A basic grasp of Microsoft Excel
- Comfort in adapting to new software and applications
- An interest in water issues and/or business
- An interest in data collection and data management
- Applicants with a particular interest in production should indicate this in their cover letter, as there is the opportunity for an intern to work with our production team towards the latter stages of the Handbook. If you are interested in this option, basic experience with production software such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator would be desirable.