Corporate Responsibility - Intern (12-month placement)
AXA Investment Managers
The role of the Corporate Responsibility team is therefore to demonstrate how AXA IM walks the talk as a business and employer, acting in a responsible and sustainable manner with all key audiences. The team leverages the research, insight, activity and commitments of both AXA Group and AXA IM to develop a roadmap and calendar of activity to define priorities, track progress and measure our impact as an organization.
Just as we are an active player in responsible investment with ESG integration embedded across our investment platforms and RI experts, we recognise our role as a business and employer, to hold ourselves to the same high standards that we ask of others.
In Corporate Responsibility, we are guided by three commitments:
- People - we strive for an inclusive work environment built on fairness, equality and wellbeing in which performance and long-term employability can be nurtured.
- Environment – as a leading asset manager, we recognise our responsibility and crucial role we can play as an investor in leading the transition to a low carbon economy. Climate change is our key priority and focus.
- Business resilience – we seek to produce a long-term profit in a responsible, resilient and sustainable manner. Our decision-making processes, policies and day to day operations need to made with responsibility at the core.
Area of Responsibilities
Support the planning, development and implementation of AXA IM’s CR roadmap
- Maintain a dashboard of CR activities with proof points within AXA IM in support of AXA IM CR pillars
- Competitor analysis to benchmark AXA IM versus peers. Monitor media for topical news stories
- Research activity and trends on key topics for AXA IM (climate, biodiversity, Diversity & Inclusion, human rights, health and data security)
- Coordination of RFP responses and preparation of material for marketing/communication messages
Engagement with AXA group and other AXA Entities on key reporting and campaigns
- Support Corporate Responsibility team in reporting on key CR topics (Environmental Reporting, Community Investment Survey, AXA Entity Sustainability Index) for AXA group to communicate progress against AXA targets.
- Work with the business to source accurate updates on business activity so that reporting is accurate and timely. Ensure our activities are in line with those of AXA Group through contributions and network calls.
Lead and support on a number of CR driven projects – to include but not limited to:
- Interface with business on community outreach programme – day to day support to key regions on implementation of community activities – volunteering policies, charity initiatives, coming together during AXA Week for Good
- Human Rights – partnering with procurement to reinforce common best practice in managing human rights across the supply chain
- Environmental – contributing to the elaboration of the Environmental pillar strategy on topics like digital sustainability, supply chain engagement and biodiversity
Day to day management of CR office
- Support implementation of CR projects, activities on governance/administrative processes
- Management of teamwork in progress tracker
- Supporting the business on client RFPs, with metrics and information on progress
- Manage team governance (meetings and discussions, minutes)
- Support the team with writing/updating educational presentations to teams
- Upon completion of second year at university
- Strong project management skills – ability to maintain material/plans and presentations with updated information and data. Updating of weekly WIP report.
- An interest in responsible investment, corporate responsibility and sustainability topics – engagement and curiosity in these areas is important
- Effective business partnering – desire to collaborate and maintain trust based relationships with key stakeholders
- Multi tasking – a need to work on many activities simultaneously and be aware of multiple deadlines
- A positive and confident personality, happy to work with senior stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- An interest and knowledge of financial services / asset management
- Good knowledge of IT tools (Teams, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)