Corporate Affairs Intern
🚀 Placement Program
- Intuit is looking for an academically strong and highly motivated second year undergraduate student to serve as an intern in our Corporate Affairs Department. The intern program is designed to enhance the careers of students from diverse backgrounds, including those from underrepresented groups, and those with a demonstrated commitment to diversity. Although not required, prior work experience in a company/corporate setting is a plus. The intern would be hired for the upcoming summer 2023 summer season.
- Intuit’s Corporate Affairs team spans across multiple areas including Government Relations and Political Affairs, Philanthropy, Stakeholder Engagement, Public Affairs, Policy, and Tax Expertise. The issues range from data, AI and financial services to supporting small businesses. This intern will work under the supervision of our Director for Corporate Affairs, International.
- The objective of the internship is to provide the successful candidate with practical, hands-on, in-house experience of a corporate affairs operation.
Area of Responsibilities
Business, Operations & Strategy
- Research policy issues and legislation as needed to create guidance for the government relations and policy teams.
- Assist with political affairs engagement planning, strategy, and execution including but not limited to drafting talking points, briefing notes and letters.
- Participate on other key priorities and special projects of interest including our ESG strategy and North-East prosperity hub.
- A desire to understand the UK political process.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, collaboration skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to partner with other teams on projects.
- Ability to focus on details, yet able to see the big picture.
- Technology proficient.
- Collaborative mindset.