Convergence Geometric Modeling Technology Intern – 12 months
As the Convergence Geometric Modeling Techno Intern, you will work in the CGM Continuous department where you will contribute to the problem solving process for issues discovered in advanced operations embedded in the 3D modeller CGM.
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations.
The R&D Technologies department is responsible for providing applications from the Dassault Systèmes group (CATIA, SIMULIA, SolidWorks, etc., grouped within 3DExperience) with mathematical and geometric software components (Convergence Geometric Modeling - CGM) for the calculation, modelling, simulation and visualization of 3D objects.
Area of Responsibilities
• Understand how applications provide by Dassault Systèmes can be used to support the design process of industrial objects
• Understand the CGM Continuous service and CGM geometry environment and quality requirements
• Analysis of customer configurations to determine the necessary solutions and improvements in specific CGM operators
• Development and implementation of the chosen solutions
• Validation with the existing test base and addition of new relevant tests to guard against possible regressions
• You will showcase good skills in problem solving will be required to address complex problems, demonstrate good mathematical and geometrical/topological understanding (CAD)
• Studying for or holding a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics or engineering subject
• Knowledge of C++ object-oriented programming is preferred, yet advantageous
• An appetite for innovation and discovery of new technologies
• Willingness to learn new concepts and ability to work independently within and supported by a team of highly qualified developers
• Demonstrate good communication skills, fluency in the English language
• You will be a team player, good at sharing knowledge and presenting results to the local and wider team, being agile and comfortable working in a culturally diverse organisation