Content Strategy & Editorial - Intern (12-month placement)
AXA Investment Managers
The Content Strategy & Editorial team consists of three people, reporting into AXA IM’s Chief Investment Officer, Core Investments. Working with Global Marketing, the team is responsible for generating, writing and editing thought leadership content for the AXA IM Investment Institute, to share insights from experts around the business to showcase our latest thinking and expertise and to help clients make investment decisions, on topics ranging from responsible investing to future trends and more.
In addition, the team produces regular output including a weekly market and economic round-up, a monthly Investment Institute newsletter, as well as educational content for retail and wholesale customers, and other ad hoc editorial content as required. The team is also involved in planning and creating content from client webinars, market crisis communications when an immediate client communication is required, and edits research papers produced by the Macroeconomic research and Responsible Investing teams.
The Content Strategy & Editorial team sits alongside global marketing, brand and advertising, social media and media relations and works together to create and leverage content to ensure maximum reach.
Area of Responsibilities
The Content Strategy & Editorial intern will:
- Support the creation of thought leadership content across topics ranging from the digital economy to responsible investment, to help raise the profile of AXA IM and its investment experts
- Help generate ideas and conduct research for thought leadership features
- Help to translate complex topics across asset classes and responsible investing into simple and compelling messages, delivered in the most appropriate format, including written articles, infographics and webinar content
- Support with regular business-as-usual content including a weekly economic/market round-up
- Contribute to editing content created by members of the Content team as well as the Macroeconomic research and Responsible Investing teams
- Generate ideas for infographics either in conjunction with written articles or as stand-alone pieces, working with the design team to bring them to life
- Work on high profile projects including the AXA IM Stewardship Report
- Work alongside the social media team to create text for social posts to promote content produced by the team and to improve social engagement on content
- Upload content to the AXA IM global website
- Build relationships with the global marketing community and AXA IM stakeholders
- Work alongside the Global Marketing Team to create a monthly Investment Institute newsletter
- Maintain a news hooks calendar of topical events and generating ideas for content linked to key events
- Maintain the content and editorial pipeline
- Support on the delivery of market crisis communications.
This role would suit someone who has a keen interest in writing, editing and content marketing. Qualifications relating to journalism, marketing, finance or a broader humanities subject would be desirable.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A good understanding of, and interest in, financial markets/ economics
- The ability to translate complex topics into simple and compelling content and a talent for storytelling; the ability to find an angle and to structure an argument to support that angle
- An understanding of social media and how it can be used to distribute content and engage audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships with stakeholders including portfolio managers, investment analysts, and other business partners
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a team and collaborate with colleagues at all levels across the business while also able to work independently.
- Able to manage several projects and deadlines at once and to effectively prioritise workload
- English (native or fluent).
Any skills or experience which are desirable but not necessary
- Familiarity with SEO techniques
- Good editorial and storytelling skills
- An interest in design and an eye for visual storytelling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.