Bioinformatics Intern - 3 months
To apply for this position, you will be studying towards your BSc or MSc in computer science, bioinformatics, or similar. Illumina is made up of extraordinary people and dedicated professionals, we are all dedicated to bettering the world through genomics, we ask the same of you.
role is a 3-month internship starting in June 2023. Based at our offices in Granta Park, Cambridge. Our programme focuses on meaningful project work, professional and personal development, in addition to providing opportunities outside of your department.
Area of Responsibilities
- Analyze large-scale genomics data using bioinformatic tools and machine learning algorithms
- Design and develop software and GUIs to support data analysis and visualization
- Use SQL and other database technologies to extract and manipulate data
- Apply statistical methods to identify patterns and insights in data
- Strong programming skills in Python or R
- Proficiency in SQL and database technologies
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and statistical methods
- Experience in developing software and GUIs is a plus
- Knowledge of biology and genetics is preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills