Audit Industrial Placement (Industry & Services) - September 2023
🚀 Placement Program
- The role of an auditor is to ensure financial statements produced by clients are ‘true and fair' and an accurate representation of the transactions and balances they claim to represent. In the industry & services team, you can expect to be part of highly engaged teams, working together to deliver high quality audits in line with client expectations and deadlines.
- We are now operating a hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
- We are looking for candidates with a strong desire to learn and progress, and we give increasing responsibility when an individual is ready rather than at pre-determined times. However, our broad expectation of roles and responsibilities during the three-year training contract is set out below.
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Work with various clients, building a strong understanding of their business;
- Learn how to prepare professional audit documents in line with our audit methodology using audit software and systems;
- Develop a thorough understanding of financial statements; and
- Be able to obtain relevant information from clients whilst building effective rapport with clients.
If you are offered a permanent role to return at the end of your placement, you will re-join as a second year after completing your degree. The rest of your training is outlined below.
During your second year you will:
- Build and develop audit skills in increasingly complex and technical areas;
- Be able to take ownership for sections allocated to you in an audit file;
- Self-review your own work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers; and
- Be able to help less experienced team members.
In your final year you will be expected to take on significantly more responsibility. Depending on the client, this may involve taking the lead on a technical area or a team and ensuring the entire audit file is completed. This will include a combination of working to stated deadlines, managing the work of junior members, taking responsibility for the budget, and presenting in both team and client meetings.
- Strong work ethic; the desire to get things done, and to learn and progress.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to accurately and diligently assimilate information, grasp concepts quickly, research and solve problems.
- Independent; the ability to think critically, challenge when appropriate, and to apply professional scepticism.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Credible and effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Annual Leave +
- Charitable Giving
- Dental Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits
- Virtual GP
- Cycle to Work
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance