Actuarial Portfolio Management Intern (Summer Internship 2023)
You will be part of Actuarial Portfolio Management team, the actuarial team providing support to Corporate Solutions products across EMEA including Property, Casualty, and Financial Products.
Key responsibilities for our team include loss ratio projections, rating plan development, model calibration and actuarial pricing support. We work closely with our business partners and encourage innovation.
We are a global team and our members are of diverse nationality and background and have strong affinity to working in a dynamic, collaborative and learning environment.
Area of Responsibilities
As a summer intern your tasks will be:
- Supporting the delivery of profitability reviews that provide portfolio steering insight and underwriting recommendations to our underwriting leaders.
- Helping to collect, collate and analyse data required for costing model and parameter update studies.
- Assisting with individual deal pricing.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is considering an actuarial career and looking to gain experience at a market leader in corporate risks.
- Keen to learn about Commercial Insurance products, actuarial techniques, and business processes.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to interpret complex data.
- Willingness to think about problems in new ways.
- Can work independently as well as in close collaboration with others.
- Good communication skills and desire to work with actuaries as well as business leaders.
- Experience with R an advantage.