2023 UK Takeda Undergraduate Industrial Placement Programme
Are you looking for an Industrial Placement as part of your sandwich year? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda – winners of the Global and UK Top Employer for the 6th consecutive year.
Area of Responsibilities
Within Marketing you will have the opportunity to:
- Join one of our brand-focussed teams, working with experienced and innovative cross-functional teams assisting in tactical implementation of brand strategies and engaging with a variety of stakeholders.
- Be part of and lead omnichannel campaigns, including the development of materials (emails, videos, leaflets etc.) for use by internal and external stakeholders.
- Support with the logistics and approval process for sales force materials, including the electronic approval process.
- Assist the brand team with the logistics of internal and external meetings.
- Attend Business Unit strategy and team building days and be fully integrated as a member of Takeda UK.
Within Regulatory Affairs you will have the opportunity to:
- Join our hugely experienced Regulatory Affairs department and be an integral part of the team.
- Gain knowledge in a broad range of regulatory activities, whilst providing technical and administrative support to the Regulatory Affairs team.
- Learn about the development lifecycle for medicinal products, from application to approval and work across all therapy areas in the Takeda portfolio.
- In collaboration with an expert team, you will be involved in the maintenance of existing and new medicinal marketing authorisations for products in the UK and Ireland. Take responsibility for your own projects, in support of Takeda’s commercial activities and strategies.
- Support with the preparation, compilation, submission, and approval of a wide range of regulatory applications for a variety of products licensed via the health authorities.
- Interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including the regulatory authorities in the UK and Ireland.
- Participate in industry group meetings with other pharmaceutical companies.
Within External Affairs you will have the opportunity to:
- Join our dynamic and expansive External Affairs department which will ensure you gain experience and insight into a broad range of communication and public affairs disciplines and projects. Learning how an in-house highly visible and impactful team runs.
- You will be part of key specialist or project teams and will have the opportunity to lead and deliver on your own initiatives align with our key strategies.
- Assist the External Affairs team in engaging with a wide range of stakeholders and audiences from patient organisations to politicians and government officials and the media, through to our UK and Ireland employees.
- You will be involved in the development of creative and impactful communication material as well as devising and implementing internal communications campaigns.
- Support the team in providing media reporting, political and policy counsel across the business.
You are currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 13-month placement, returning to your course at the end of the placement. Our roles suit candidates who are currently enrolled in a scientific or business degree (Marketing), scientific degree (Regulatory Affairs), and a communications and/or policy degree (External Affairs), who thrive working in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working with and contributing to a diverse team and who are interested in developing a career in the pharmaceutical industry.